07 Feb Vibration machine exercises for stretching lower body
Stretching is an extremely important part of any fitness regimen.
Many people focus much more on their exercise routines than stretching muscles before and after, but staying flexible is just as important. It can help a person improve athletic performance and decrease risk of injury.
Stretching can also increase blood flow to your muscles, stimulate the nervous system and warm up the entire body for a better workout.
While many people buy the 3G Cardio AVT 5.0 Vibration Machine and 3G Cardio AVT 6.0 Vibration Machine with improving muscle tone and losing weight as primary goals, these vibration machines are also excellent for complete-body stretching.
Here are some examples of lower body stretching exercises you can do on a 3G Cardio Vibration Machines:
* Hamstring Stretch – Position your body in a wide stance on the Vibration plate, buttocks pushed backwards. Holding the handles, let your upper torso drop as far forward as possible. This exercise will stretch the buttock and hamstring muscle groups. Alternatively, stand up straight and let your upper torso and arms drop forward. Tip: If you are flexible bend over far enough to reach around the back of the column, which will help you stretch farther.
* Quadriceps (Hip Flexor) Stretch – Place one shin on the Vibration plate – ensuring the foot remains off the Plate! Keeping the upper body and back straight, tense your stomach. By pushing your pelvis forward you’ll be stretching your quadriceps. Tip: Vary this exercise by pulling the rear leg forward.
* Calf Stretch – Stand sideways on the Vibration plate, with one leg in front of the other and toes facing forward. The front leg should be slightly bent, the rear leg is straight. Push the heel of the rear leg down and you should feel tension in your calves. Tip: To vary this exercise, keep your back straight and push your pelvis forward. Adjust heel tension to vary as well.
* Adductor Stretch – Stand sideways on the Vibration plate with your feet near the support column. Place the outside foot on the floor close to the plate so legs are apart. Bend the outside leg while keeping the other leg straight. Keeping the upper body straight, lower your buttocks to the floor. This exercise will stretch the insides of your thighs. Repeat on the opposite side. Tip: If you are unfamiliar with this exercise, practice off the vibration plate first to get the hang of it.
* Inner thigh – With left side facing machine, place left foot on platform. While keeping your leg straight, bend into slight squat position with right leg. Keep chest up and hold. Repeat with other leg. Tip: Perform exercise slowly and hold stretch for 10-15 seconds.